iOS 14 opens the door to quite a lot of customization choices for iPhone customers. Customers can now set resizable widgets on the house display screen. On high of that, Apple has added a sensible stack of widgets and App Library to effectively place widgets and app icons on the house display screen. Talking of app icons, you’ll be able to change the default app icon in your iPhone as properly. The method isn’t as straight-forward as Android however it’s value a attempt if you wish to boost your iPhone’s house display screen with a makeover.
You merely can’t obtain a third-party icon pack from the App Retailer and alter the app icons in your iPhone’s house display screen. As an alternative, you’ll have to depend on the Shortcuts app to personalize the look of an app icon. The method successfully entails making a Shortcut to open an app, after which including a picture to that Shortcut on the house display screen.
The Shortcuts app is a robust automation utility that will appear complicated at first look. You’re successfully creating guidelines and counting on Shortcuts to run and execute the method. Comply with our step-by-step information to alter app icons in your iPhone’s house display screen.
Change App Icons on Your iPhone House Display screen
Step 1: When you have beforehand deleted the Shortcuts app then go to the App Retailer and obtain the app.
➤ Obtain: Shortcuts
Step 2: Open the Shortcuts app.
Step 3: On the Shortcuts house, you will notice your created Siri Shortcuts. Faucet on the + icon on the higher proper nook.
Step 4: Choose Add Motion and seek for Open App from the next search bar menu.
Step 5: Choose the put in app from the machine and hit the three-dot menu on the higher proper nook.
Step 6: Give the Shortcut a related title. For instance, I’m altering the Fb app icon so I labeled it as Fb. Choose Add to House Display screen.
Step 7: It would ask you so as to add a related label to an app icon.
Step 8: Faucet on the shortcut icon and select the customized app icon from the gallery or Apple Recordsdata app.
Step 9: Choose Add on the higher proper nook and hit Carried out.
Return to the house display screen and you’ll discover a brand new app icon with the Fb title. Repeat the method for every app that you just wish to customise on the iPhone and after some time, you should have the right search for the house display screen.
- As you’ll be able to see from the steps above, the entire course of to alter a single app icon isn’t as seamless as one may need hoped on an Apple platform. It’s guide and time-consuming.
- It requires you to obtain app icons from third-party web sites. The obtain course of is straightforward however your app icons would possibly look inconsistent if you’re selecting numerous design kinds for various apps.
- You aren’t inserting app icons on the house display screen. You’re solely creating shortcuts/bookmarks with photos. So that you gained’t get pleasure from a standard app icon advantages corresponding to notification badges on it.
- Tapping Customized App Icons launch Shortcuts first, after which the App.
For a greater expertise, I’d advise you to alter app icons for apps that you just use sometimes. Common apps aren’t going wherever quickly. So you’ll find yourself with duplicate app icons (one unique and different with a customized app icon). I’d recommend hiding the unique app within the App Library.
Merely lengthy faucet on the app icon and choose Take away app. Faucet Transfer to App Library and it’ll take away the app from the house display screen and conceal it into the App Library.
Repeat the method for every app and apply new icons in your iPhone. It would take time however you’ll find yourself with a visually pleasing house display screen to share on social media. Which icons did you apply on the house display screen? Showcase your excellent house display screen setup within the feedback part under. While you’re at it, don’t overlook to verify our listing of 100+ new iOS 14 features that now we have found to date.
Learn to use the cool new iOS 14 options with our step-by-step information:
- How to Use Picture in Picture for Videos and Calls on iPhone
- How to Use Back Tap on iPhone to Launch Apps, And Other Cool Tricks
- How to Add, Remove, or Customize Widgets on Your iPhone Home Screen
- How to Hide Home Screen Pages on iPhone
- iOS 14: How to Use App Library on iPhone
- How to Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices Connected to Your iPhone
- iOS 14: How to Use Apple’s New Translate App on iPhone
- iOS 14: How to Get Cycling Directions in Apple Maps on iPhone
- How to Check Headphone Audio Level on iPhone in Real-Time