The Video Sport Awards actually isn’t about online game awards anymore (particularly since Hades acquired robbed). Nope, it’s principally a secondary E3 at this level, a vector for brand new sport bulletins and little else. To that impact, take a look at the Game Awards Festival: a group of demos obtainable for a restricted time after the present itself.
These demos can be found from now till December 14th, most of them on Steam and streaming on GeForce NOW, however just a few are additionally on Xbox.
- ANNO: Mutationem, Steam: a cyberpunk (no, not that Cyberpunk) side-scrolling motion sport, with an intriguing mixture of 2D and 3D pixelated graphics.
- Ami, Steam, GeForce NOW: An atmospheric 2D platforming sport with Pink Driving Hood imagery and physics puzzles.
- Disc Room, Steam, GeForce NOW: a top-down 2D twitchy sport about avoiding spinning blades of demise. This one’s already been launched.
- Echo Generation, Steam, Xbox: A turn-based RPG with 3D graphics and a whole lot of 80s film inspiration. It looks like a contemporary tackle Earthbound.
- Guinea Pig Parkour, Steam, GeForce NOW: a platformer with attractive hand-drawn animation, impressed by the novel pastels of the 80s and the lovable console mascot video games of the 90s.
- Graven, Steam, GeForce NOW: A busy fantasy-based shooter that harkens again to Heretic. It’s made by 3D Realms, the Duke Nukem individuals.
- A Juggler’s Tale, Steam, GeForce NOW: A 2D platformer the place your character and the enemies are managed by puppet strings, with some attention-grabbing attachments.
- Little Nightmares II, Steam: a slick-looking side-scrolling platformer with horror parts. For those who like LIMBO, it’s best to test it out.
- Olija, Steam, GeForce NOW: On this Metroidvania sport, exploration and fight combine with pixel artwork impressed by Asian historical past and artwork types. It comes from Devolver Digital, a writer that by no means noticed a violent pixelated sport it didn’t like.
- Selfloss, Steam, GeForce NOW: a 3D journey sport with Zelda-type exploration and fight, that includes a world impressed by Slavic mythology.
- Song Of Iron, Steam, GeForce NOW, Xbox: A 2D Viking fight sport with attractive 3D graphics. You bought your Golden Axe in my Darkish Souls!
Except Disc Room, all of those video games are scheduled for launch in 2021. Play these demos rapidly: whereas a few of them would possibly stick round after the Sport Awards promotion, however they won’t.